Welcome to the Ottershaw Social Club Website
A Short Introduction…
Ottershaw Social Club is a thriving village club founded in 1883. The club can boast a large number of members in the surrounding area in all age ranges, as well as excellent bar prices. The club is extremely friendly, and runs regular events for its members, which are always very well supported. Click here for information on these. The village also has a website. Click here to visit it: www.ottershaw-village.co.uk
If you are interested in becoming a member, please drop into the club and speak to a committee member or a member of staff.
Sign up below for our email updates.
General activities include entertainment on the first Saturday every month, fortnightly quiz nights, Sunday evening bingo, race nights, meat raffles, pool league nights, fortnightly poker tournaments, snooker, darts, pool, cricket, bullion box, big screen TV, golf society, etc.
Covid – 19 Trial Opening Times
Club to open Weds 29th July 4pm
Opening Times (Temporary)
Mon – Tues closed
Weds – Fri 4pm – 10pm
Sat – Sun 12-10pm
Lock Down latest:
Club will re-open Weds 29th July at 4pm.
Following on from the latest government advice:-
if you have recently returned from one of the countries where you need to isolate for two weeks
if you have any Covid-19 symptoms
please please don’t come to the club.
We are so looking forward to welcoming you back to the club from Wednesday but we need to keep our members and staff safe!
New Rules and Guidelines (Please Note this list is not exhaustive and subject to change)
- The car park will remain closed (except for those with a disability) as the large gazebo will be erected and patio tables re-arranged for safe distancing.
- There is a one-way system in operation. IN the front doors and OUT the door to the car park. Please follow the signs. DO NOT enter via the rear door. If you are making use of the gazebo or patio area you must walk round to the front.
- We are only open to members unfortunately we cannot allow guests at this time.
- The tables are set for optimum numbers of members within and in the outside area – please do not move tables.
- On arrival everyone (or the lead person of a group) must complete the signing in sheet with all the details required and if possible when leaving please enter the time of departure.* The club will comply with the GDPR legislation and no information will be passed on, to anyone, unless someone is tested positive and track and trace is required. The information will be kept for the required 21 days then destroyed.* If anyone tests positive and has used the club WE WILL have to close for a minimum of 14 days.
- There is a sanitisation station near to the doors. Whilst not compulsory all members are asked to make use of them, on entry. Similarly sanitation is in the toilets for after their use. Please, thoroughly wash your hands after the use of the toilets.
- NO STANDING is allowed within the premises, members must remain seated.* Please clear the bar as soon as your transaction is finished – stools have been supplied for the fruit machines.
- Follow the one way system to order drinks. Where possible please use debit card contactless payment , members discount will still apply.
- Government recommendation is to not show sports on TV or play loud music as the excitement generated from these activities will spread saliva and/or sweat droplets and that may spread the disease. We are however going to trial showing the FA Cup final and request members contain their enthusiasm!
- We are unable to have any social functions at this time.
- Snooker – one table will be open and new rules and guidelines are in place. The gents toilet in the snooker room will not be in use.
We are keeping abreast of latest government guidelines and will quickly react to any changes,If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to contact a committee member.
The Club urgently needs a new Treasurer – if you or a member you know is interested please contact John Gurney or Phil Brown,